On the morning of February 3 I planted about four dozen seeds of Trifoliate Orange (Poncirus trifoliata) that Ralph and I had collected from the plant out the farm in Pennsylvania. When I got them in December, I took the seeds from the fruit and put them in a plastic bag and put them in a drawer in our refrigerator. They were there for nearly two months, pretending that it was winter. That’s necessary to their germination.
About a week ago they started coming up and this one was the first to break through the soil. It is currently the largest of about 18 that are up so far (and quite a few more have come up between when I took the picture and when I’m posting it, on March 21).
I’m not really sure what I’m going to do with them all, so if you want a hardy orange plant, let me know.