It’s hard to believe the day has finally arrived. Well, actually it hasn’t. The day is tomorrow but I went over to my mother-in-law’s house today to get the very last thing out (a dehumidifier from the basement) and to take one last set of pictures. I could always stop out front and take pictures but it won’t be the same. As of noon tomorrow this house will belong to new owners. We don’t know a lot about them but they sound like a nice family and they seem really excited to be moving into this house. I certainly served Cathy’s family well and was a good home for 50 years. But time marches on and things change. We’re glad it’s going to a young family and we wish them every happiness. While change can be hard, and getting to this day has been a struggle, this particular change is a blessed relief.
Tagged With: House For Sale
We’ve been putting a lot of time into getting this house ready to sell. The first step, which didn’t actually affect this house, was getting out house ready for Cathy’s mom to move in with us. Then we she moved in January (with a lot of help from our friends). From them to now there have been many, many days of going through and sorting, trips to the dump, to the thrift store, to our storage units, things brought to our house, two more truck rentals, piano movers, visits from family members, some dot insignificant renovations, lots of cleaning, floor refinishing, painting, yard work, and more. I’ve posted pictures of some of those things (see the list below) but I’ve also posted pictures of some of the many interesting things we’ve found (too many to list below). This week, the house officially went on the market and (as I write this, was open on both Saturday and Sunday, with significant interest). We’re in the home stretch (if you’ll pardon the pun) and really looking forward to turning our attention to the boxes that got moved without really being looked through as well as starting to deal with things like photographs and other documents that need more careful examination.
- Laundry to Bathroom Conversion, Day One – Tuesday, October 31, 2017
- Bathroom Progress, Day 4 – Sunday, November 05, 2017
- Bathroom Progress, Day 7 – Thursday, November 09, 2017
- Bathroom Progress – Friday, November 17, 2017
- Bathroom Progress, Day 19 – Tuesday, November 28, 2017
- Grandma’s Bedroom – Tuesday, December 05, 2017
- Bathroom Progress, Day 28 – Monday, December 11, 2017
- Move, Part 1 – Saturday, January 06, 2018
- Self Storage – Wednesday, May 16, 2018
- Top. Men. – Monday, June 18, 2018
- Furniture Moving – Tuesday, July 24, 2018
- A Little More Furniture – Saturday, September 01, 2018